Adoption Cats—A Matchmaking Profile to Find Which Cat is Right for You!
Updated May 4, 2017.
Matchmaking adoption cats is all about mutual chemistry and attraction.
I’m talking about losing your heart to a gorgeous creature and making a forever home with the feline of your dreams!
Use this webpage like you might a singles matchmaking service, to find your new furry soul-mate . . .
. . . the one with irresistible animal magnetism.
Write down what you think you want in a cat and set it aside. Then, answer the questions below to develop your matchmaking profile.
What do you want?
- Why do you want a cat?
- Are you looking for a working animal for vermin control?
- Do you want companionship and friendship, perhaps a new family member?
- Would another pet species, such as a dog, bird, fish or exotic animal, be better suited to what you need or want?
- What kind of home do you have?
- Are you adamant about keeping things in your home “just so”, neat and tidy, with everything in its place?
- Do you enjoyed a comfortable “lived-in” look, perhaps picking-up and straightening up before visitors arrive?
- Is how you live in your home not on your list of priorities?
- Do you live in a high rise in the city?
- Do you live in a single family dwelling with a yard?
- Do you live in rural area with agricultural acreage?
- Do you live in the wilderness?
- Do you live and travel in a recreation vehicle?
- What is your lifestyle?
- Do you enjoy traveling, where your home is simply a rest stop between destinations?
- Are you very career focused?
- Do you lead a “charged” lifestyle, always busy and on the go?
- Are you a socialite, frequently receiving and entertaining family, friends and other guests?
- Are you a member of a large bustling family?
- Do you live a balanced life with busy and quiet times?
- Do you share an abode with roommates?
- Are you leading a life of quiet solitude?
- Do you live alone?
- How much time do you want to spend with your cat?
- What cat maintenance level are you able to do?
- If you have children, what ages are they?
- Are there other pet family members such as dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc., and will they accept a new pet family member?
- Will other family members share responsibility for all the cat’s needs?
- Will you alone be responsible for all the cat’s needs?
- Do you, or your family, have health considerations such as allergies, chronic illness or disability?
Life Stages & Conditions
- Can you be committed to a lifelong relationship with your new cat, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, in good times and bad, until death do you part?
- Are you prepared to parent and raise a new kitten?
- Are you willing to love an adult cat and help it adjust to a new home?
- Are you interested in committing to loving and caring for a cat with special needs?
- Can you care for a senior cat and handle the potential health deterioration and parting to come?
- Do you enjoy energetic rambunctious play, fast athletic feats such as jumping, climbing, high-speed chases and wrestling?
- Are you looking to nurture, console and reassure the distrustful, anxious, insecure, uptight or fearful?
- Can you put up with a fussy, finicky, hard-to-please personality?
- What about a demanding, bossy, take charge, impatient, temperamental personality?
- Do you need a social cat, a friendly, talkative cat that always needs active attention?
- Maybe you need to receive and give lots of affection, a laid-back lap cat who never leaves your side and loves to cuddle, be petted and groomed?
- Are intelligence, obedience and trainability important to you?
- Does your preference lean toward the quiet peaceful, reserved or shy?
- Do you need a cat that functions independent of you or do you need one who is dependent on you?
- Might you desire a sweet, even-tempered feline with a happy-go-lucky adaptable personality; one who is easily trusting and willing to please, yet friendly?
- Does your family need a cat that is tolerant, gentle, patient and loyal?
- Do you enjoy a very “catty”, outgoing personality, one balanced with curiosity and cunning, playful humor and mischievous antics, an explorer who enjoys the thrill of the hunt?
- Are you looking for a cat dedicated to the serious side of life, like Dodger, who, as king of all things wild, fends for himself (by choice), routinely patrols our outdoor boundaries for would-be intruders and rules with might?
- Do you prefer appearance over personality?
- Are you attracted to long-haired, short-haired or hairless cats?
- Are you looking for a certain breed?
- Does it matter to you if your next cat is of the common house cat variety?
- Are you willing to do the extra maintenance or grooming required of some special breeds?
Refine Your Profile
Use your answers to refine your starting profile.
Are you satisfied with your profile? If not, spend more time with the above questions until you are.
Now, it’s time to move on to the next step.
Featured Pet of the Day
If you’ve decided a new furry family member is for you, whether you choose to adopt a cat or another pet species, consider adopting a displaced pet in need of a loving home.
Check back here every day to meet the featured pet of the day.
If you know someone who is looking for a pet, tell them about the matchmaking profiler and tools on this webpage; they might find these helpful for locating their new loved one.
Adoption Cats Search Tool
Now it’s time to play kitty matchmaker!
Use the Adoption Cats Search Tool below to begin your matchmaking search for an adoption cat.
Help Adoption Cats Find a Home!
Even if you can’t adopt a pet, you can help a deserving kitty find a loving home by using your social media influence to spread the word.
Use the search tool above to choose a homeless cat, and then click on the social button(s) to send an automatic message to your family, friends and followers.
Thank you in advance for your generous heart and for helping cats in need.
More Information about Adoption You Might Enjoy
Adopt a Cat and Make the World a Better Place
Adopt a Kitten Your Family will Love
Is Cat Adoption Right for You?
Cat Cafes Around the World
Adopt a Cat